Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV CD (album) cover

LED ZEPPELIN IV

Led Zeppelin

Chris H
3 stars Ok, so this must be one of the greatest albums ever recorded, and yes they may be the most influential band of the 60's and 70's, but this just isnt real progressive rock! Don't get me wrong, I listen to this album about once a week every week.

"Black Dog" and "Rock And Roll" are catchy, upbeat rock and roll songs that everyone knows. Going against everyone else's beliefs, I think the gem on this album is "When The Levee Breaks", not "Stairway To Heaven". Personally, I think Stairway is overrated, and there isn't any real musicianship in it aside from Page's solo.

If this was a general album review, I'd give it an easy 5 stars, but since this a progressive rock website this hard rock album can only get 3 from me. Sorry Led Heads.

Chris H | 3/5 |