Amazing Blondel - The Amazing Elsie Emerald CD (album) cover

Amazing Blondel

Prog Folk

4 stars It was a sense of nostalgia that led me to catch up on a number of the bands i loved as a teenager of which the Amazing Blondel were one. I bought this album expecting that quirky traditional folk rock sound that i remembered but was surprised to find a laid back slightly jazzy almost eagles style of music. So at first i was disappointed then after one or two more listens i found more and more friends commenting on how much they enjoyed it and realised that I was too. These are well written easy listening pieces that are perfect summer listening. Not a great progrock album but definitely a really good one.
thongordamien | 4/5 |