Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin III CD (album) cover

Led Zeppelin

2 stars Another good album by one of the most iconic rock bands ever - though clearly not a very iconic prog band. It's got a bunch of unsophisticated hard-rock songs, Zeppelin's specialty, but where the magic lies in this album is the acoustic songs on the second half. Gallows Pole and Tangerine are two of Zeppelin's best songs. But the best song on this album, I have to say, is without a doubt Since I've Been Lovin' You with a very bluesy feel, and an unforgettable riff.

For a long time I couldn't remember the name of this song, and kept searching for it through my Zeppelin songs trying to find it. I would say "Oh, it's not on III, I know III too well, let's look for it on Houses of the Holy!" I finally found it on a collection of my friend's, and memorized the title. When I came home I slapped myself in the face when I found it on III. Oh well!

This is my favourite Zeppelin album, and unfortunately, the copy I uploaded on the computer SKIPS! And I lost it! Unlucky.

In contrast to the revered untitled, this album is good all the way through. IV has high points, but the low points are very low.

Shakespeare | 2/5 |