Anathema - A Natural Disaster CD (album) cover

Anathema

Experimental/Post Metal

voliveira
4 stars 8/10

A simple breakthrough from A Fine Day to Exit, but does not equal the most recent material.

Well, Anathema is not the kind of band that makes the same album twice, but I found in The Natural Disaster a sort of "sequel" to Alternative 4. Especially because this album offers a little more "weight" than its predecessor, as evident on tracks like Pulled Under at 2000 Metres a Second, in addition to several experimental sounds (closing Violence). But overall what we see here is the progression of melancholic music and more post-rock albums of the past, which would culminate seven years later with We're Here Because He're (which remains my favorite band).

I have to admit that after my fantastic experience with the great Judgement (which is my second favorite band) I was slightly disappointed with his two albums sequential. The tracks that really are worth here are Closer, Are You There and the title track, which really are great jewels. The rest is not really bad, but does not impress me.

4 stars.