Le Orme - L'infinito CD (album) cover

L'INFINITO

Le Orme

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Prog-jester
5 stars I always got the feeling of "something missed" when I listened to classical LE ORME's albums from 70s (except for tiny Piccola Rapsodi Dell'ape, what a masterpiece!). Now everything on its own places.

Sounding a lot like IQ's "Dark Matter" released the same year, "L'Infinito" is spacy, pompous (in a good way!) and even more melodical then usually ;-) .I've noticed that so many bands release their best albums during later years - just to mention CAMEL, CLEARLIGHT, IQ and Peter Gabriel! Same goes to LE ORME - "L'Infinito" is just stunning and incredible. It has ballads ("La Voce Del Silenzio", "Tra La Luna E Il Sole"), fiery instrumental pieces (" Shanti", "Come Onde Sull'Oceano") ,mini-epics with breath-taking culminations ("Canto","Si Puņ Immaginare")even sitar-driven song!(" La Ruota Del Cielo"). The sound of Guitar Synth reminds me of Steve Rothery's sound ("Il Tuono E La Luce"). Honorable mention gets the title dramatic piece - "L'Infinito" has one of the best musical themes I heard last years!!! Impatiently waiting for the new one, because "ETERNITY" (English for "L'Infinito") is endlessly beautiful!

A Masterpiece of Progressive Rock and a Must for every fan of it!

Prog-jester | 5/5 |