Gnidrolog - In Spite Of Harry's Toenail CD (album) cover

4 stars What an album! When I first finished listening to it, I kind of couldn't believe what I'd just listened to (in a good way of course). These guys produce music that I just cant compare to anything I've ever heard before. As mentioned many times, comparisons to VDGG, Gentle Giant, etc may be evident now and then, but they maintain a unique sound of their own. Certain tracks can just weave in and out of doomy riffs, gentle folky passages and some almost medieval sections. First time you listen, it may sound totally disjointed and directionless which can make it a challenge. Repeated listening will reveal that the arrangements are not as complex as you may think.

A very difficult album to describe, but highly recommended. (4.5 stars)

kingdhansak | 4/5 |