Pink Floyd - Masters Of Rock Vol. 1 CD (album) cover

MASTERS OF ROCK VOL. 1

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

ZowieZiggy
1 stars This is insanity !

I already mentioned on my review for "Best Of Pink Floyd" released in 1970 that I was going to post the same review for "Masters Of Rocks" not to count one more review but only with the purpose that this fact will have more exposure amongst Floyd fans.

WHAT ANNOYS ME THE MOST IS THAT THIS COMPILATION IS MADE OF ALMOST SYD'S WORK (SEVEN OUT OF 10 SONGS) AND THAT HE IS NOT EVEN FEATURED ON THE FRONT COVER !

This scandalous "thing" was already released in 1970 with another cover still with Syd unfeatured under the title of : "Best Of Pink Floyd".

The track list of this "compilation" is rather poor. It consists more of B-sides, poor album number (from "Piper") and some great hit singles than anythong else.

I know how David and Roger were close to Syd, so how could have they accepted such a thing ? I have no clue. This should deserve zero star for this scandalous approach, but since it is not possible I will raise my rating to one star.

Avoid this one like pest.

RIP Syd.