Rush - Different Stages - Live CD (album) cover

3 stars Half Hard Rock and half Heavy Progressive Rock.

More than 3 hours 20 minutes remembering all the steps of the great Canadian band. Lots of energy on stage, some memorable instrumental deployments, especially in elaborate songs.

From my personal taste, I find too many disposable songs, mainly Hard Rock songs. Lifeson ´s voice and singing style never convinced me, let alone live. In the first half of the 1980s used it in more convincing way, for me.

Reproduction of 2112 is good but not essential. Natural Science, Xanadu, Cygnus X -1 are the best. Farewell to Kings, Bravado, Animate, The Trees, Limelight, and Leave That Thing Alone are other good reproductions that can be enjoyed.

Sometimes the sound of the audience through song is heard, which is not to my taste . For any fan of Rush is a great product, for which it excited us only a certain part of his repertoire, not as spectacular.

sinslice | 3/5 |