Peter Gabriel - Hit CD (album) cover

HIT

Peter Gabriel

Chris S
3 stars I have to admit that I was given this album, no way was I going to purchase this CD. A greatest hits album of Peter Gabriel just does not sound right....but now that I have it in my possession I stand corrected as I quite like it.' Burn You Up, Burn You Down' from my understanding was co-written by Karl Wallinger of World Party fame. A highly undervalued and underrated artist. It goes without saying why Gabriel collaborrated with Karl Wallinger to make this grooving driving beat of a song.Apparently they have an unreleased album called the Blue Ball project, I am waiting in anticipation...

Most people will be familiar with PG's work so from a package point of view the songs make sense being a collection. If you are new to Peter Gabriel however listen to ' Solsbury Hill', ' Games Without Frontiers', ' Growing Up', ' Red Rain', ' San Jacinto' - his finest piece of music IMO, ' The Rythym of The Heat' and ' The Drop' to name but a few. Peter Gabriel is accompanied by his regulars as in Daniel Lanois, David Rhodes, Peter Green of Fleetwood Mac fame, Tony Levin, Fripp, Kate Bush and on... Overall a very satisfying album, one drawback, so little of PG 2 on here, only' D.I.Y 'made it.

Chris S | 3/5 |