Peter Gabriel - Long Walk Home  CD (album) cover

Peter Gabriel

3 stars "The Long Walk Home" was another album I got during the PG revival in 2003, the year that the great "Growing Up Live" DVD was released.

"The Long Walk Home" is actually music written for the movie "The Rabbit Proof Fence". As a soundtrack I guess it does what it is supposed to do: support the movie. As an album all by itself it was another small disappointment for me, just like "OVO". The best part of the album comes in the later tracks of the album as we hear some humming which is derived from "Sky Blue". (or maybe it was done the other way around?). All instrumentation is top notch again and this album surely has its moments. Nevertheless I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. If you are looking for a great PG album buy "SO", "US", "UP" or "HIT". Better stay clear of this one, unless you are really a PG die hard fan.

evenless | 3/5 |