Pink Floyd - Works CD (album) cover

WORKS

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

ZowieZiggy
2 stars Another contravertial Floyd compilation; We got already the infamous "Best Of Pink Floyd" or "Masters Of Rock - Volume I", the averagely appreciated "A Collection Of Great Dance Songs" (which I don't think it was so bad, actually). The only one so far that more or less was not submitted to heavy critics was "Relics" (although I have never been found of this one.

With "Works", the highest levels of insanity are reached again.

Two great tracks : "One Of These Days" and "Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun" Three good old Floyd's ones : "Arnold Layne", "See Emily Play" and "Embryo" Two average ones : "Brain Damage"and "Eclipse"

Finally, three crappy ones : "Fearless" from "Meddle", "Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict" from the "wonderful" Ummagumma studio album and "Free Four" the weakest track from OBC.

Even if I try, I really can't grab their strategy for this one. But who does ?

Two stars.