Steve Hackett - Metamorpheus CD (album) cover

METAMORPHEUS

Steve Hackett

sinslice
4 stars In Metamorphous, Hackett continuous line of acoustic works in medieval tone as good Bay of Kings (poor production and sound), Momentum and also enjoyable A Midsummer Night Dream. This is the most compact and solid, at least the ones I know, I do not know Momentum.

It's an album that lasts as necessary, and anything missing. Every detail is carefully contemplated, executed and orchestrated by Hackett and Roger King. There is enough variety, obviously in the field of gender inclined to medieval folk, with symphonic touches. Here we find beautiful and introspective melodies, some of which reach a peak in musical orchestration.

Although for lovers and classical music specialists I do not think it's a great contribution, for an artistic work of this kind, I think it is a very good option.

Warning: Far from the Hackettīs rock experimentation focused on their albums in that direction.

sinslice | 4/5 |