Airbag - The Greatest Show on Earth CD (album) cover

THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH

Airbag

Progrussia
3 stars I was suspicious when I saw not just one, but three guys credited with keyboards and programming here. What did they program, a Richard Wright clone? If I were asked to list their number one influence, I would say - Pink Floyd. If asked for influence number two, the answer would be - Pink Floyd. And so it would go down to number ten, when I'd say - something similar to Pink Floyd, with a more modern sound.

Now, I have nothing against clones. Of Scarlett Johansson, for example. The good news is that the bittersweet melodies are catchy and themes - "the little man" in today's society - certainly topical. Guitarist serves plenty material for air guitar wannabes. But to me it lacks variety and drama. Just mellow verses followed by a barrage of Dave Gilmour and Richard Wright impersonations - shoegazing followed by powerful celestial build-ups.

Progrussia | 3/5 |