After Crying - After Crying 6 CD (album) cover

After Crying

2 stars Now, the first thing that comes to mind when you listen to 6 (1997) by Hungarian band After Crying is.... what the hell is this?

Where is the band that recorded masterpieces such as Overground Music (1990) and Megalázottak és Megszomorítottak (1992)?

I admit I lost a bit the band's train and didn't really pay attention on Föld és ég (1994) or De Profundis (1996), but if it wasn't for the name 'After Crying' on the cover of the album I wouls swear that this is a completely different band!

Maybe I just got the transition album, because after that their releases became quite sparse, but truth is... this is a bad album! Everytime the band goes electronic (with guitars, drums and especially keyboards) they do deadly wrong! All the beautiful and different sound they had before was thrown away and maded 'modern'. And that's why, at least for me, this album will never work.

Now I'm a bit reticent to even check their previous albums, which is not a good thing. I wold avoid if you don't know the band and start with the first albums.

ProgShine | 2/5 |