Vanilla Fudge - Renaissance CD (album) cover

Vanilla Fudge

3 stars Feel like I'm letting the side down here, with 3 stars but there we are. Without a doubt a huge improvement on their previous diabolical LP. This release does have its moments. You can hear how much the band are improving and maturing. Lots of groovy Hammond Organ and falsetto harmonies make this a good listen. However, whilst there are no really bad tracks here, it does lack the standout ones as well. Compositions (and a few covers) seem to be a little below par compared to some of the other albums that were out around this time. Not exactly what I'd call a psych masterpiece, but well worth a listen all the same.
kingdhansak | 3/5 |