Audience - Lunch CD (album) cover

1 stars If you've read my reviews of the first 3 albums, you can see that I have a real fondness for this band. It's such a shame that they couldn't produce great albums from start to finish. In this case they finished rock bottom.

When I got this album, I could not believe what I was hearing. I've never witnessed such decline in any other band. Most bands get worse over a period of years (GENESIS spring to mind), I just dont know what happened. By this time, Audience had ditched their unique sound partly due to the fact that they had taken on some not needed session musicians. The result is a batch of below par commercial songs, that more often than not, sound like novelty records. For some reason, Howard Werths vocals sound strained and irritating. Not one good track on the album at all, such a shame regarding the quality of the previous 3. Avoid at all costs.

kingdhansak | 1/5 |