Hot Fur - Hot Fur CD (album) cover

HOT FUR

Hot Fur

RIO/Avant-Prog

uribreitman
3 stars Nice debut by Israeli band, led by Lior Frenkel and a group of talented, young musicians. The style is ZAPPA-oriented, with a touch of 80's KING CRIMSON thrown in for good measure. You have to know Hebrew to fully grasp the album's concept, but the melodies and arrangements are good anyhow.

I would recommend this album to Israeli prog-heads with a good sense of humor, and with a certain degree to tolerance towards Jazz-Rock in general. The album takes several spins in order to "get" the attitude, and some of the lyrics are not that mature, but it's enjoyable music with great double-guitar work and interesting harmonies.

Why only three stars? 1) I know they can do better than that 2) People who don't speak Hebrew will find the lyrics impossible to comprehend 3) There's a lot of amazing music out there 4) The fact that I live in Israel (Tel-Aviv) doesn't mean I don't know to take things into proportions...

uribreitman | 3/5 |