Moon Safari - A Doorway To Summer  CD (album) cover

A DOORWAY TO SUMMER

Moon Safari

Prog-jester
4 stars Well, first of all this is NOT that kind of SCANDINAVIAN PROG we all used to. This one is not dark and melancholic. Fortunately, I was aware of it before listening to this CD. I even knew that this is kinda "YES meets MOODY BLUES"...and I must admit, this is the best four-words description I can give!

MOON SAFARI are mellow, light, acoustic and peaceful. They sing mostly as a little choir in YES vein. Music is also very much YES-related but less complex and more radio- friendly (wish you name me the radio-station that would play the 24-min long opus! ;) ). My only complaint is that sometimes they are TOO SWEET - take away their complexity and you'll get 70s pop-rock band a la SMOKIE! As a devotee of darker side of Prog (besides this is Sweden!) I was a bit disappointed with their nature - they do not bite, they do not even bark!

Strongly recommended, especially for Light-Prog fans!!!

Prog-jester | 4/5 |