Anubis - A Tower Of Silence CD (album) cover

A TOWER OF SILENCE

Anubis

Progrussia
3 stars Little-known Australian prog scene has been growing recently, but hasnt blown me away yet. Unitopia comes closest. Anubis sound like a cross between whiny Pink Floyd and indie rock. Some reequisite Pink Floydian guitar solos and buzzy, not too loud guitar sound, bu mostly layered synths.

This is a concept album. Most songs are quite long and take a while to make their point. Of those, Passing Bells (with its cool skipping riff) and All That Is, are most varied, with both more energetic and anthemic sections. But the rest is, maybe lush, but just too whiny and boring. There is a thin line between majestic and boring in prog, and hey, I like slow-moving bands like RPWL and such, and I like to write reviews - which by definition makes me boring - but even to me this stuff is same-y and tedious.

Progrussia | 3/5 |