Art Bears - 25 Songs (Winter Songs-The World As It Is Today)  CD (album) cover

25 SONGS (WINTER SONGS-THE WORLD AS IT IS TODAY)

Art Bears

RIO/Avant-Prog

Prog-jester
3 stars Impressed by a cover on a bargain market, I came closer. Wow, ART BEARS! Cutler, Frith and the mighty Dagmar! Heard a lot of them, but never heard their music...Should buy!1$ and here we go...A month later I'm ready to rate it.

I think I'll never become a genre's fan. I appreciate their masterity and consider them to be unique, but this is not kind of music you'd play DAILY. Maybe a silly argument, but I like ENJOYABLE music filled with emotions and melodies. I ain't harsh that album that much - it is utterly good, 3 full stars - but I have only few songs here I'll be returning to over and over again: " The Hermet", "Freedom"(what a insanity!) and "Civilization". Others are great too, they're experimental, weird and unusual, but for rare usage.

If you want to be challenged, go here. Opera-singer-like "femine Hammil" Dagmar and awesome duo of Cutler-Frith will provide you with almost 80 minutes of sheer musical insanity. Recommended but beware!

Prog-jester | 3/5 |