Anacrusis - Suffering Hour CD (album) cover

1 stars Suffering 47 minutes?

Well, what have we got here? R.O.T., Butcher's Block, Frigid Bitch, Annihilation Complete, Disemboweled? With such track titles you don't expect to find much prog here. In fact there isn't any prog present on this album. Suffering Hour is Anacrusis' debut album and has its' roots deep in old school thrash/speed metal. The presence of Anacrusis on PA is entirely based on their third and fourth album, which are IMO highlights of prog metal.

1) Present Tense [3/10]
6) Frigid Bitch [4/10]
7) Fighting Evil [3/10]
8) Twisted Cross [5/10]
9) Annihilation Complete / Disemboweled [5/10]

No matter how much I like Anacrusis' other albums, I can't give this album more than a one star rating. And no, I'm not a thrash basher. I surely can appreciate thrash metal, but this is not my cup of T(hrash). The production is very poor, so are the vocals and the song structures are stereotyped. Only the track "Twisted Cross" has got some moments of dawning originality. The track begins with a slow, melancholic intro that after 2 minutes explodes into a (in this case very melodious) frenzy of guitar, bass and drums.
This album is IMO only of interest to music fans who are not afraid of old school thrash/speed metal (or heavier) and who have a liking for (for example) early Slayer, Kreator, Destruction, Venom. Even if you like their third or fourth album, you should first listen to this album if you're considering purchasing Anacrusis' earlier discography.

Album rating: 32% = 1 star