Unexpect - In a Flesh Aquarium CD (album) cover

IN A FLESH AQUARIUM

Unexpect

Experimental/Post Metal

lurkist
5 stars I've wasted many of my valuable votes by not writing reviews, so here's my first.

After renewing my taste for the heavier side of music, I was searching for interesting "new" bands to try out. Mainly by Google-ing for Death Metal top 10s and such. The name Unexpect came at me from many sides.

I first heard "We, Invaders", then "Utopia" and finally "In A Flesh Aquarium". Wow, this band combines so many elements of music that I love.

It's brutal, it's highly progressive, it can be humourous, the musicianship is superb, it's very hi-fidelity, it's ugly, it's beautiful, etc. etc. etc.

I can't say that I prefer this album over the other two (I'm counting "We, Invaders" as an album in it's own right), they could all be parts of one uber-album!

To sum up, buy all three immediately!

lurkist | 5/5 |