Pain Of Salvation - The Perfect Element Part 1 CD (album) cover

THE PERFECT ELEMENT PART 1

Pain Of Salvation

asimplemistake
5 stars Daniel Gindenlow has done it again with this masterpiece, The Perfect Element Part 1. Words cannot describe the amount of passion that was put into this CD. Words can also not describe how great this CD is, but I will try my best.

I'll admit that when I first got this Cd, it wasn't my favorite. I got it at the same time as some other albums, and this one did get a lot less play time. I later went back to this album after feeling like I neglected it, and what I heard amazed me. Firstly, just a note, this album is best enjoyed when reading the lyrics and listening at the same time. The words are very powerful, especially on the song "Dedication".

The singing varies a lot, from Daniels wonderful soft voice to his heavy voice, which some people label as "rapping". I disagree with this term, and say that it is more of a form of emotional yelling, as if he is angry for the events that took place (in this fictional album). He does a great job of only having this heavier form of singing only during the most emotional and angry parts of songs.

The songwriting is great. Pain of Salvation uses dynamics a lot to convey emotions. The guitar parts are all wonderful, the keyboards are used a lot for rhythms and melodies, and are used very well. The drumming is also great. Many of the songs have a lot of polyrhythms and syncopation (check out the tabs for songs like "Indoglossia", it's just amazing). PoS does a great job of keeping the listeners attention.

This Cd was surprisingly light for me. I thought it would be heavier, but there is actually a lot of soft sections. I enjoy this, because the transitions to the heavy sections are great. This Cd is a masterpiece that tells a powerful story of youth and the loss of innocence, and should be heard by every fan of progressive music.

asimplemistake | 5/5 |