Genesis - Nursery Cryme CD (album) cover

NURSERY CRYME

Genesis

asimplemistake
3 stars I checked out Genesis because of their importance to progressive music. I stopped by a local record store, and they had this one so I got it (it was a good price too!). I was unfortunately disappointed though. I can easily see how groundbreaking this music was back in the 70's, yet I still haven't really feel in love with it.

The music here is all wonderfully composed. It has a nice, soft sound to it (I come from Prog Metal) that I do enjoy. My main problem with this album is the singing. Now, I'm hoping not to get shot for this, but I do not think that the singing was all that great. It kinda bugs me to tell you the truth. But I will say though that I still find it to be a good album, especially all of the guitars/whatever else is playing at the time.

Now I don't hate this album because it is old or because it is a style I do not like, because I do love the music from this time and I love some music that is very similar to this. I just feel as though this never really made an impression on me that it was that great. Sorry guys, but 3 stars to Nursery Cryme.

asimplemistake | 3/5 |