Porcupine Tree - Fear Of A Blank Planet CD (album) cover

Porcupine Tree

4.23 | 2063 ratings

4 stars We do not listen to a Porcupine Tree album as we do for others. We have HUGE expectations.

This album, at its first listening, sounds "deja vu" to me. Nothing new there, the solid PT sound we all know and love. But as I listen to it, I just simply love that sound more and more, I got addicted to it. That's PT magic.

Steven Wilson is doing the mix and the mastering on this album. May be that explains why the sound is not SO different from time to time. Where does he take the time to compose, practice, mix and master? So creating a new sound? This is the compromise we have to make : they do not take 10 years to make new albums and go on tour.

Can we feel a deception after listening to this album? Just a bit. I love being suprised, listening to something new. This album confirms PT had found their sound. So this being known, turn up the volume and enjoy !

Buze | 4/5 |