Marillion - Script For A Jester's Tear CD (album) cover

SCRIPT FOR A JESTER'S TEAR

Marillion

Sean Trane
Prog Folk
5 stars My liking of neo-prog starts and stops here. This , although it owes almost everything to Genesis, is a real master strike as for the times , they were saying [%*!#] you to the industry and just for that they deserved max reviews and the music is actually fantastic. I really enjoyed ( and still do nowadays) , this first album as there is not one weak moment on it and my fave is Chelsea. Despite its lenght , He Knows got some airplay in Canada , and this was the main reason why we came to know that band.

This album unfortunately became the starting point for a whole new generation of neo prog bands such ad Asgard , Aragon and countless other. I say unfortunately because if this had been one of the many sources of inspiration for those group ( as opposed to being the only source of inspiration), things would've gotten much better in the 90's . Just an opinion , but if you stop and think about it a second....

Sean Trane | 5/5 |