Rush - Rush CD (album) cover

RUSH

Rush

Finnforest
3 stars Even at a site full of Rush fans I don't think I'll cause any controversy by saying these were humble beginnings for the lads.

I actually played this album a lot back in the day and still think its a great sample of bluesy and arse kickin fun. I think the best songs on this debut are Finding My Way, Here Again, and What You're Doing, because of the tasty big riffs that Alex is throwing around. It's fun to hear Geddy with vocal cords in full youthful glory and crank this album way up. The speed and power of Lifeson is something to behold here.

But while I have affection for these songs I do have to remember what the various stars mean and I don't give this 2-stars to insult it. Not at all. I just honestly think that this album is "for Rush fans only" and I consider myself one. I don't give it more because to do so is to recommend it to the broader prog community and this one I think is really just for the hard core fans. 2.5 affectionate stars!

It's amazing just how fast they would indeed progress from here.

Finnforest | 3/5 |