Abus Dangereux - Live CD (album) cover

Abus Dangereux

Sean Trane
Prog Folk
2 stars 2.5 stars really!!!

In 85, Abus Dangereux released a Live album without Devos' marimba, but he's replaced by vibraphonist Marugg and bassist Talet is also a newcomer. Unfortunately, the live setting is not really helping the band sound more energetic than in the studio. Same old song and dance, my friend!! Even if we get a small dissonant surprise with Puzzle, this hardly enough to wake you from the general boredom that pervades through the album. If I must give one track, I'll take Cinq Ans Aprs (five years after), but even then AD does not manage to recapture its original spirit. Nothing worth writing home to, this album is really for fans who dig deep into apathic pure fusion.

Sean Trane | 2/5 |