A.C.T - Today's Report CD (album) cover

3 stars

Normally I don't like to compare one's band music with the music performed by some other bands but in this case the things are somehow obvious. The vocals parts are influenced by Rush but also the composition style. But Rush is not the only band which seems that had an influence on their sound. Other bands like Queen or ELO had also an influence. I found their guitar rhythmic sound a little bit too noisy and scratchy.

Another characteristic is the comic/theatrical way of singing. Their sound on some of the songs is like those puppets shows melodies (e.g. Cat's Eyes and not only).One song which I like to recommend is The Chase. It has a very melodic keyboard driven and with the same comic infusions here and there. Herman Saming's voice sounds really good on this song.

Considering the country where these guys are coming from I have o admit that I was a little surprised about the way they decided to approach the music. The other bands I know from Sweden had a different onset. 3.25 stars but check out their next release because they really improved.

petrica | 3/5 |