Rush - Rush CD (album) cover

4 stars It's Rush!!!

This is a good start for a good band who was trying to show the world what they could do at the moment.

When I listened to this record for the first time, I was in my teens and I wanted the music to be so heavy all the time. And all the energy you might want as a hard rock teenager fan is here: powerful guitar riffs, strength, speed, good drumming (although Peart is now a Rush trademark) and loud vocals. The lyrics...well, you must consider it was the beginning and the band members were too young.

No prog at all; but for a band that became a great icon of the genre, this albums deserves a good respect.

cccp_mx | 4/5 |