Pink Floyd - A Saucerful Of Secrets CD (album) cover

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

3 stars It is very hard to make good psychedelic album without going into melancholic, or going into nostalgic areas. This time, Pink Floyd did not manage to make such album. I feel really sad while listening to this one, I can not explain why, but every time I hear Syd Barret's voice, I go sad. All songs in this record are made good, except title track, which is sonic experiment much before its time and much before birth of post rock, but early enough to influence birth of electronic progressive music. Lyrics of songs are not much serious and there are lot of guitar sound effects, anyway not enough for me to fully enjoy, and I am not fan of electric organ, more precisely I hate its sound in this record. This is transitional album and not masterpiece, good, but not essential, production is the worst, and I would like to hear if remixed version of this record is better.
nisandzic | 3/5 |