Corvus Stone - Corvus Stone II CD (album) cover

CORVUS STONE II

Corvus Stone

Baronet
5 stars Melodies Melodies. Prog with passion and real tunes. That is what this album is! I am here to review a VERY melodic album with 7 singers (I counted). I am too lazy to join a new site and review anything but was shocked into coming here as I read a review saying "a horrible voice". Which of the 7 was horrible? Thought I was reading about the wrong album in fact. I have the CD and have followed the band all year on Facebook with their cartoon style blogs and clips but still was amazed when I heard the actual album. They gave very little in the way of clues. Only slowly releasing the names of Sean Filkins and Phil Naro etc. Then wham! All at once, the remaining 65 minutes of the album sounded nothing like the 15 minutes they had released already. I suggest trying Early morning call, Boots for hire and Scandinavians in Mexico and then you will be hooked. If you(like me) enjoy something more progressive, try just about every other track on the album. If, as they said on their website, you like Pink Floyd, buy a Pink Floyd album! I love the humour. Long live Corvus Stone and their music. It is incredible. What is a masterpiece anyway? I have no idea but I like music that keeps me wanting to play it. This does that, so is perfect. Maybe even a masterpiece then!
Baronet | 5/5 |