Kyrie Eleison - Fountain Beyond The Sunrise CD (album) cover

Kyrie Eleison

4 stars I was told KYRIE ELEISON is a GENESIS clone. This word combination can make anyone else arrogant, but for me it’s like a call to arms :) Actually GENESIS is my favourite band, and I’ve been blown away by bands like THE WATCH, RAEL, CITIZEN CAIN, NEUSCHWANSTEIN, SIMON SAYS, ENGLAND etc, which assured me that I’m not the only one who likes GENESIS and wants to hear something related. So I spent some time and money in searching for KYRIE ELEISON, which is also the earliest GENESIS clone as far as I know. I wasn’t disappointed.

First of all, don’t look for high record quality here. Sometimes it sounds very much like demo, and I believe it’s pretty true. But material itself is marvelous – everything is on its own place, 5 long varied epics a-la “Nursery Cryme”/”Foxtrot” period; their singer is almost Gabriel, their guitarist is seconds from Hackett etc :) If you were looking for early GENESIS bootlegs, better find this one – it’s like a GENESIS lost album remained in demos only! I can’t recommend this album for everybody, but if you’re the same way maniacally obsessed with early GENESIS and see no evil in being their clone, you MUST find KYRIE ELEISON. They are worthy.

Prog-jester | 4/5 |