Yes - Roundabout: The Best Of Yes- Live CD (album) cover

ROUNDABOUT: THE BEST OF YES- LIVE

Tristan Mulders
3 stars Yes - Roundabout: The Best of Yes Live

I have never been too bothered about checking Yes out before, even though they were one of the most prominent prog rock artists of the 70s. It was mainly down to a major dislike of Anderson's vocals for what I heard of the music sounded quite good, even excellent on occasions! Still, however, I never decided upon buying anything from Yes' backcatalogue.

That was. until I came across this low budget live compilation. Seeing that no harm could be done I decided to give it a try and quite remarkably I found myself enjoying quite a bit of this live disc! I still cannot stand I've seen all good People and Roundabout is slowly becoming rather more tedious by the listen, but songs such as And you and I or most noticeably Awaken are just great! They showed a side of Yes that I hadn't noticed before! I think more highly of Anderson's live vocals than the way he sounds on the studio recordings, he seems to have more volume when he's singing live; definitely a pros!

Apparently these songs here are taken from a previously released live disc so I can imagine that the true fan already had the original recording, which makes this one a bit pointless, still it did manage to bring me a bit closer to Yes' music!

Tristan Mulders | 3/5 |