Caravan - Caravan CD (album) cover

CARAVAN

Caravan

Canterbury Scene

Jake E.
4 stars Song number One:::Place Of My One is one out of eight reasons why this album is a perfect example of the Canterbury Scene, a delightful pop song with a strong psychedelic jazz to it.

#2 (Ride) Nice Intro. Soft Percussion. Soft mellow lyrics lead us through. BOOM. Here comes the warm sound. Canterbury Keyboards, I can't get enough of them...PAUSE...Vocals that are very meditative..."I'll try anf find...a place in my mind, where you know you can go and leave all behind."

#3 Policeman: This SOng reminds me of how nosie the police are and how they can really spoing your fun sometimes...you know what I meen?... I hear organ, intense fantastic drumming, base, and creeping vocals that seem to get better wither every secound of the song.

#4. Love song with Flute: Is a semi-ballad, semi-psychedelia that sounds very good, very mellow, very 60's. "Who cares if I'm lost in my mind, my dreams are over-due...

I don't want to spend to much time writing/typing about this great album, mainly because I need to write/type something up about Hatfield & The North's Hatfield & The North album, but an over-all view of this album is very positive, creative, and down right enjoyable.

Jake E. | 4/5 |