Angra - Temple Of Shadows CD (album) cover

TEMPLE OF SHADOWS

Angra

evenless
2 stars Poor Iron Maiden imitation or Dream Theater clone?

I managed to get a special edition of Temple Of Shadows that came with a bonus DVD. I got it just after I had bought "Holy Land" and "Angel's cry" that came on a double disc edition.

Anyone who did already read my review on "Holy Land" or "Angel's cry" knows I am not particularly a fan of Angra. To me it all seems like abundance of metal with a huge lack of prog. On the bonus DVD they even do some weak imitation of IRON MAIDEN' s Number Of The Beast. Well, I do like MAIDEN, but I definitely DO NOT like Angra. This is it for me! After having listened to their highest acclaimed work on PA I simply can say I will never buy another Angra album again. If you want to get into Prog Metal try Green Carnation, Opeth, Pain Of Salvation or Riverside, but forget about bands like Angra or Dream Theater!

evenless | 2/5 |