Ozric Tentacles - Live Ethereal Cereal  CD (album) cover

LIVE ETHEREAL CEREAL

Ozric Tentacles

Psychedelic/Space Rock

obiter
3 stars OK, before you even kick off with this one you have to explain how bad the sound is ...woeful almost beyond belief: I have heard better bootlegs. I was at Reading in 1986 but to be honest I can't remember that much (or to be really honest hardly anything at all) about it.

Og Ha Be (a track we hear in Live Underslunky and a shorter verion on Tantric obstancles): still reminds me of part sof Call the Police by Thin Lizzy.

The "suitably chemicalized Ozric tentacles" bring us Erpriff: boy does this sound like Steve Hillage or what? But with a sinister Ed slant. A great track that melows out into very cultured groove.

ed gets out the delay for tentacular explosion. Stupd reggae spends a while messing about before it gets down to a basic regge beat. the Wailers are under no threat here. havign sid that prog-reggae is quite unusual in itself. Not one to frantically dig out when you're given 10 minutes notice before heading to the desert island.

Aumriff: hmm that would be Om Riff then wouldn't it. Hillage again.

Obstacular explosion as opposed to teh earlier tentacular explosion begins with a bit of tuning up before Ed heads off delay working hard.

Dots Thots is simply a great track, as always (check out erpsongs and Live underslunky), however this is the ropiest recording. Erpitaph is great.

This a good OT album. By no means essential (3.5)

obiter | 3/5 |