Dream The Electric Sleep - Heretics CD (album) cover

Dream The Electric Sleep

Symphonic Team
4 stars A power trio from Kentucky U S that has floored many reviewers with this dynamic album "Heretics". I was drawn to Dream the Electric Sleep for two reasons; I'm a Blade Runner fan and love the novel of Philip K Dick, and second, the album has hit the top 10 lists of many a collaborator I discovered. I wanted to find out what all the fuss was about so with the magic of Internet technology was able to hear this album before the deadline of top 10 votes. After hearing it the album immediately went on my list too. It is a fantastic album with some awesome tracks. The metal guitar sound is highlighted by great vocals and wonderful rhythms. The melodies are catchy and there are some complex time sigs throughout.

The highlights are Heretics, Elizabeth, To Love Is To Leave, It Must Taste Good, I Know What You Are, How Long We Wait and Ashes Fall.

It is a well produced album from Matt, Joey and Chris with a soundscape that sits somewhere between Anathema and Porcupine Tree at times. I like this album because it never gets pretentious but has a genuine quality ignited by fire and passion on every track. There are done real emotional moments and in places the lyrics reflect on the struggles of life and coping with pain and fear.

Overall this Dream of Electric Sleep album comes recommended as one of the highlights of the year.

AtomicCrimsonRush | 4/5 |