Yes - Fragile CD (album) cover

FRAGILE

Prog-jester
2 stars I’ve never been a YES fan, but I’ve grown to use to them and sometimes enjoy their classic records. “Fragile” falls outside this category with only few tracks to enjoy really.

On their fourth album YES still suffers from BEATLES/Proto-Prog inspiration roots, and shorter tracks confirm this easily. Serving as filler, they’re contrasting a lot with excellent “Roundabout”, good “South Side of the Sky” and nice “Heart of a Sunrise”. Only “Long Distance Runaround” and “Mood for a Day” somewhat noticeable among shorties, and second is my favourite acoustic guitar piece to play. YES is undeniably up-lifting, pure “happy” Prog, and this is not my music honestly. It’s not like I’m bashing the dinosaurs, I simply share my thoughts on this record with you. Despite my taste I can’t deny their professionalism and level of musicianship. And after all, “Roundabout” is a really good track, hands down ;) But others fail to amuse me that much. With little importance to my personal likings “Fragile” receives 2.5 stars.

Prog-jester | 2/5 |