Knight Area - Under A New Sign CD (album) cover

Knight Area

5 stars This quite new Dutch progband is a great discovery. An asset to dutch or even worldwide neo prog. I don't know their debut album yet but that will not last very long I guess. This one is a fantastic follow up for their debut in 2004.

The opening song A different man pt.1 has a very nice atmosphere, somewhat mellow but in a pleasant way. The voices remind me of Rob Reed of CYAN and the atmosphere is a little like "In the city" by EGDON HEATH, very interesting.

The other songs are varied, some are a bit rougher, there's an instrumental, but they are all very good. I always have great admiration for an album that contents no poor or lesser songs, it gives the impression that there is given maximal effort to the album and that no fill ups are allowed. This is such an album and because I'm in doubt between 4 or 5 stars I give the highest because of the overall quality.

progrules | 5/5 |