Dzyan - Electric Silence CD (album) cover

ELECTRIC SILENCE

Dzyan

Krautrock

FruMp
5 stars Electric silence is a spiritual journey through eastern meditative gardens to Indian guru temples to panicked lysergic states to quiet contemplation in space, truly an uncompromising work of ambient, atmospheric, psychedelic and spiritual goodness.

Full credit must be given to the musicians who play on this album as the musical technicality is absolutely superb. My particular favourite part of this album is the percussion, from the Balinese xylophone stylings of 'Back to where we come from' to the Djembe freak outs of 'A day in my life' to the atonal steel drums and world percussion wailing of 'For Earthly thinking' to the general conventional drum kit jazz fusion grooves the percussion on this album is some of the best I have come across in variety, competency, musical contribution and relevance. That isn't to detract from the contribution made by the other 2 members of the band, there are some awesome bass grooves and the sitar on this album is particularly amazing.

Overall I think the less I say about this album the better, to over-analyze this album would detract from it's rawness and purity, I highly recommend this album to anyone into kraut or any kind of psychedelic freak-out stuff, I could even recommend this album to people who are into world music.

FruMp | 5/5 |