Primus - Hallucino-Genetics: Live 2004 CD (album) cover

2 stars This is one show that didn't work particularly well for me. I can appreciate some pretty wild stuff but Primus is one group for whom I've never fathomed the appeal. Trying to be objective I can usually find something to like, and here, there are a few decent jams that aren't swallowed by the insistent pursuit of the more obnoxious stuff. Claypool can do some incredible things on the bass and that was of interest. I also liked the stage set with the cool orbs behind the band. Some have mentioned sound issues but I thought the sound was fine. Beyond that I'll just say it isn't to my taste and leave it at that. For fans of Primus. If you're not sure about them try to rent the DVD before buying it.
Finnforest | 2/5 |