Novalis - Banished Bridge CD (album) cover

BANISHED BRIDGE

Novalis

taylanbil
4 stars Although this record is a debut album, it sure doesn`t sound like one; it possesses very rich and mellow melodies, dynamic organ moments as well as peaceful passages. This is indeed an overlooked beauty.

The opener, which is the title track, is for me a highly emotional 5 star song. Starts with the sound of the birds, and really takes you away with a sweet symphonic music if you listen intently. I wouldn`t say that the other tracks match the same level of quality, but they`re sometimes more spacey, sometimes more rock, yet very good pieces of music. I love Rahn`s work throughout the album, and also in the third song `Laughing`. Overall, `Banished bridge` is a rather short but very gratifying listen for me.

I would recommend this album to many progheads, especially symphonic prog lovers, more specifically keyboard oriented people; not many of them would be disappointed. My final rating is 4 stars out of 5, but I honestly think that this album deserves a 4+ rating.

taylanbil | 4/5 |