Genesis - Foxtrot CD (album) cover

FOXTROT

Genesis

progrules
4 stars My first encounter with Genesis was with their live album Genesis Live (1973). I liked all the songs and was convinced of their great class. The first two songs of that album are on this album and I have a very soft spot for those two. They are not even the best of this album because that's of course the ultimate epic: Supper's ready. This will be in my top 25 of all times for ever simply because it's one of the greatest compositions ever. An unbelievable song with lots of variation and each part is fantastic and form a great whole with each other.

The three shorter songs are not really my favourites (except for Can Utility..) so I come to the conclusion: 4.5 stars and since we only give the 5 to the true exceptional ones I have to round down to 4.

progrules | 4/5 |