Unexpect - In a Flesh Aquarium CD (album) cover

Experimental/Post Metal

5 stars I think this album is almost too weird (but not exactly very original), even wannabe, alternative, and maybe somehow boring, shuffling it all round and round. Avant-garde seems to be somehow popular, but this definitely has enough massive elements of avant-garde metal, avant-garde and for example technical metal, mixed with symphonic (but fragmented) female fronted metal. The vocals are very refreshing (at least sometimes, there's whole new way to sing). This is best things that has come in progressive metal field in these times, though I don't exactly like the style so much and the songs could have still some more balls (that's why I don't analyze all the songs here, they are quite similar to each other) - so i give five stars, not four. Dynamic music rules, I can't resist it, sorry.
progressive | 5/5 |