Votum - Harvest Moon CD (album) cover

HARVEST MOON

Votum

javajeff
5 stars It is a shame that there are not more reviews for this album, because it is an awesome Progressive Metal album deserving to be one of the top choices in the genre. They may define themselves as atmospheric Progressive metal, and that label does fit since they are not a hard hitting metal outfit. Expect lush pianos, slow passages, and many changes in tempo throughout the album. There is a lot to love about this release, and the variety along with superb vocals and lyrics make this a must buy for fans of progressive rock and progressive metal. Cobwebs, Steps In the Gloom, and Numb are standout tracks if I had to choose some, but they are all excellent. The musicianship is top notch throughout the album, and I especially love the bass playing on Steps In the Gloom. I am a fan of this style of Progressive Metal, and I eagerly await their next release. Votum is making very special music.
javajeff | 5/5 |