Pagan's Mind - Celestial Entrance  CD (album) cover

Pagan's Mind

Prog Leviathan
5 stars Superbly performed power-metal loaded with big arrangements, virtuosic playing, high-pitched, soaring vocals and all the sci- fi/fantasy campiness indicative of the genre-- "Celestial Entrance" will please fans of all the popular prog-metal groups (like Dream Theater, Symphony X, etc.) as well as fans of that Sci-fi Channel show, "Star Gate SG-1".

Joking aside, I admit that "Celestial Entrance" is quite enjoyable; it has powerful opening numbers, great laying across the board and lyrics which (might) be tongue-in-cheek, depending on where the listener is coming from. Lead guitar and vocals steal the show, but the keys and rhythm section are no slouches either.

I've found myself returning to this album dozens of times, and with each listen I am still impressed by the phenomenal playing and energy displayed throughout. The intense, epic songwriting and energizing performances never fail to entertain. So, while somewhat derivative, "Celestial Entrance" scores big marks for me with its explosive enthisiasm. A must-have within a genre of sound-alikes.

Songwriting: 4 Instrumental Performances: 5 Lyrics/Vocals: 4 Style/Emotion/Replay: 5

Prog Leviathan | 5/5 |