Kansas - Leftoverture CD (album) cover

4 stars Well, this is a magnificent album. Every part of this album was fine. And the album overall was strong. The combination of progressive and American music there in this album was fusioned perfectly, not like many of the progressive rock listener who didn't like this stuff.

The opening track, "Carry On Wayward Son" was classic and friendly enough to be hearded by common listeners. The second track, "The Wall" was lyrically and musically brilliant (much to the lyrics one). The third track, called "What's on My Mind" is very unique song that I like very much. "Miracles Out Of Nowhere" was a fine tracks too. "Opus Insert" was a brilliant symphonic song. "Questions of my Childhood" opens with a cool instrumental and goes with daily-based geniusly-written lyrics. "Cheyenne Anthem" no doubt has attracted so many progressive rock listeners with its colourful (espicially for the use of choir in this song) composition. And finally, the album closed with the longest track in this album, the magnum opus "Magnum Opus" (the title matches with its quality), this track was also the complexest song in this album. With 5 part and other progressive material there in this song. And the most'European-ish' song in this album to me.

As a not-a-die-fans-of-Kansas, this album is too perfect to be underrated. Overall,, 4 stars is fit to this album.

Hehe, I've read the review from my brother, Gatot, the die fans of Kansas from Indonesia, for this album. And I would like to say "Njih, njih. Monggo!"

progeater | 4/5 |