Symphony X - The Divine Wings Of Tragedy CD (album) cover

THE DIVINE WINGS OF TRAGEDY

Symphony X

progrules
4 stars Perhaps I should be ashamed of myself. Being a huge SX-fan and give this 4 instead of 5 stars. I thought long and hard about it. It's absolutely in between these two ratingpossibilities but I mainly want to state that this is really not as good as The Odessey and V. These are really excellent efforts and this one is very good, but less.

Absolute highlight is of course the title track, one of my favourite songs of all time and the main reason I doubt between 4 and 5 *. This epic is almost semi-classical and especially in the beginning I thought this was the best ever ! Fantastic composition. On the other hand, the rest is far less and that's the difference with mainly The Odessey. Other nice songs are The Accolade pt.1 and Candlelight Fantasia also standing out from the other songs. The other one worth mentioning is Out of the Ashes, surprisingly good for such a short song, very compact. No really, I have to be honest, it's not quite good enough for the 5, it's actually 4.4, so 4 stars.

progrules | 4/5 |