Alan Parsons Project - I Robot CD (album) cover

I ROBOT

Alan Parsons Project

fighting sleep
2 stars This is, as many before me have stated, definitely not a shining example of prog. This is, however, just one of many shining examples of Parsons' smooth production.

The instrumental passages are very nice, I find, and there are quite a few gems as well. Everyone knows "I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You", but for me, it is "Breakdown", "The Voice", and, to a certain extent, "Some Other Place" (the man's lisp simply doesn't fit!).

So, go for instrumental, because APP is very good at that, and if you're into pop, then the vocal songs will suit you as well. Just know; just because it's on ProgArchives.com doesn't mean it's all prog!

fighting sleep | 2/5 |